SALVATION AREA: How To Begin
- How to begin - in the Salvation work area: If a person comes to this area, please understand that they are responding to a call and are saying "I need Jesus".
- Cast the right net...smile, be friendly and openly welcome.
- Ask a simple question, like "How are you doing tonight?"
- Listen to their answer and ask WHY they came to you.
- If they are a child in CRISIS (pregnant and unwed,confess to being molested, alcohol/drug abuser, etc), complete the following step of salvation if they need it and walk with them to the crisis counseling area located directly behind the stage. These professionals will be in orange.
- If they are truly there for Salvation, you need to walk them through it.
ASK THEM IF THEY NEED A BIBLE. If "yes," tell them we will give them one after you are finished.
You'll find some great scripture in some of the following sample verses. USE THE DIAGRAM ABOVE to illustrate salvation (we will provide you with a copy of the diagram at registration.) Read through these and become familiar and comfortable with them so that you can respond to their needs through simple illustration.
EXPLAIN what "Being lost" actually means
- Romans 6:23 - Our penalty for a life of sin is death, but God is offering us a free gift—eternal life through our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Roman 3:23 - All humans have sinned, and all their wasted attempts to reach God in His glory always have failed.
JESUS: THE CROSS is our only bridge to God The Father
- Romans 5:8 - But think about this: while we were wasting our lives in sin, God revealed His powerful love to us in a tangible display—Jesus Christ died for us.
- Romans 10:13 - because as Scripture says, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
- John 5:24 - I tell you the truth: eternal life belongs to those who hear My voice and believe in the One who sent Me. These people have no reason to fear judgment because they have already left death and entered life.
- I John 5:11 - And this is the truth: God has given us the gift of eternal life, and this life is in His Son.
Acts 3:19 - repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away.
SALVATION is ASSURANCE
- Romans 10:13 - because as Scripture says, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
- John 17:3 - And this is the way to have eternal life—to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth.
- John 5:13 - I am writing all of this to you who have entrusted your lives to the Son of God—so you will realize eternal life already is yours.
Once you've gone through the scriptures and explained to them...and, IF they are ready to receive Jesus as their personal savior, calmly walk them through the steps and make certain that they understand. EXPLAIN that there is no spelled out ORDER in the Bible, but explained through several scriptures. EXPLAIN TO THEM THESE WORDS ARE NOT MAGICAL. WHAT you are saying is really not the emphasis, although necessary, BUT is YOUR HEART saying it? (See Romans 10:9 below).
- Call upon the Lord - Romans 10:13
- Confess I am a sinner (Romans 3:23)
- Repent from sin (Acts 3:19)
- Ask Jesus to come into their lives. Ask him to be Lord, Master, and King
- Romans 10:9 - If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Posted on Sun, August 26, 2018
by Terry Kinard